Vehicle Homologation and Functional Safety Engineering Manager
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
9th November 2022
At Prodrive we believe there’s no limit to what can be achieved when the brightest minds come together. Joining one focused and driven team, you will challenge boundaries in order to change the game for our customers. We are the world’s leading independent motorsport company and the business behind some of the greatest names and achievements in motorsport over the last 40 years. Our skilled Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers work together every step of the way to design, build and run elite competition cars on the track and off-road across the globe.
We are looking for a Vehicle Homologation and Functional Safety Engineering Manager to manage all aspects of vehicle road registration, IVA regulations & process and vehicle homologation. Also, to assist in the process and manage documentation relating to vehicle functional safety.
• Managing the vehicle certification, homologation and functional safety requirements for the vehicle design and development team.
• Advising of relevant regulations during project conception and communicating with project stake holders to ensure required regulatory features are baked into the vehicle designs and project budgets within the sprit and scope of the project.
• Lead and develop internal vehicle signoff procedures, test plans and pre-certification testing, self-certification testing and assisting with final sign off / witness testing.
• Work across a broad range of homologation / certification requirements for vehicles which may be required to be sold in a variety of markets ranging from UK/EU/US/China/NAS and RoW markets.
• Coordinate technical documentation/test reports, organise and support documentation related to regulatory certification.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
• Travel within the UK and Worldwide maybe be required.
You will be educated to bachelor’s degree level and have a certification/homologation background, preferably in the niche automotive sector in global markers. You will have knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions of interest (e.g EU/ UN-ECE, NHTSA, Federal EPA, CARB, GT/B) and knowledge of FMEA process including ISO26262 would be advantageous. Whole vehicle type approval and/or safety related homologation experienced desired.
We are looking for a person who is flexible, enthusiastic and can work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure. You will have excellent organisation, communication and planning skills. A full driving licence is essential.
What can we offer you?
We are an equal opportunities employer
At Prodrive we are committed to attracting and nurturing the best talent and creating an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences and diversity amongst all staff so that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. We aim to ensure that no job applicant is placed at a disadvantage by practices or requirements which disproportionately impact protected groups and which are not justified by the demands of the job. If you feel you are right for this role, we welcome your application.
Come and make a difference.
“Come and make a difference”
Can’t find the job you’re looking for? Send us your details.